Take a dive into the Hauts-de-France
The region is typified by its maritime and Flemish borders, agrarian economy, ancient trade fairs tradition, former textile and mine industries steeped in the Catholic values of its captains and vivid memory of wounds inflicted by two world wars. France’s youngest region is now renowned for its competitiveness, dynamic cultural and social life, and a unique mix of Flemish cheerfulness and French elegance.
Old Lille: Guided tour of streets, squares and monuments of the old town and its beautiful ancient architecture.
Roubaix Textile: Visit of La Manufacture, Museum of Memory and Textile Design and visit of La Piscine Museum of Art and Industry, an Art Deco swimming pool converted into a museum.
Louvre-Lens Museum: Visit of the Time Gallery in the Northern Louvre (built atop a former mine works) and its revolutionary museography.
Ch’ti Evening: Local cuisine in a traditional restaurant and introduction to the Ch’ti linguistic and cultural specificity.
Excursion to Flanders: Visit of the fortified city of IEPER (Ypres in French) and visit of the In Flanders Fields Museum.
Have Fun Practicing French à la carte!
Tutorials and workshops – Become an actor of your training and put together your own practice programme throughout the activities of your interest in small groups!
One mandatory workshop
- Produce a short video, act as a presenter of a ceremony or take part in a radio report
- Participate in the organisation of the training session: e.g. conduct a visit of a cultural site, take part in the management of the closing event, act as “Community Manager” etc.
& Optional tutorials
- Casual conversations on music, cinema, French cuisine… and other topics of your liking
- Thematic tutorials to work on language-learning keys
- Small-group visits and activities (cooking crêpes, bowling, Belfry of the Town Hall…)